Notice my header pictures also includes a dimpled boy from Boys Over Flowers, Kim Bum?

Well, as many of the BOF fans would know, that boy can sing and play the piano as well. Quite impressive for a relatively fresh actor.
Kim Bum - 지금 만나러 갑니다 (Going To Meet You Now)
(From F4 Special Edition Album ...the full album releasing soon instead of the single that only has 4 songs mentioned here and also the post-BOF After Story specials. Just google them on YouTube)
And his voice, though need to control a bit more when reaching high notes, is totally different from how you see him in BOF.
So DIFFERENT.

If you didn't know this is Kim Bum, you would really think that it was a professional balladeer like Jo Sung Mo. I love his deep chest voice in the verses which also gets a little airy, like he's sighing.
One thing about actors-singers is that if they are good actors, they are able to convey those deep emotions in a song, bringing the nuances of the song to life, which I think Kim Bum does well. (That's why in Cantopop, many actors crossover to be singers and receive fan acclaim, but aren't necessarily great singers, with exception of people like Eason Chen who are great in both, imo).
Korean Lyrics (from cyworld):
스쳐 지나가는 사람들 그 속에서
누구보다 먼저 찾고싶었어
올것만 같던 그 눈동자 목소리가
안아주고 싶은 마음만 들어
그리워서 보고싶어 그댈 부르면
세상 어디든 그댄걸요
다시 그댈 불러 봅니다
나 이렇게 그대라서
사랑하는 그대라서
지금 그댈 만나러 갑니다
내게 눈물보다 깊은 사랑
알려준 그대
처음 얘기하던 길가에 가로등도
여전히 이렇게 내맘을 비춰
눈가에 스치는 모든게 그 모든게
그대에게만 추는 추억
진심으로 좋아하게 됐다 말하면
곤란해할까 두렵지만
다시 그댈 불러 봅니다
나 이렇게 그대라서
사랑하는 그대라서
지금 그댈 만나러 갑니다
내게 눈물보다 깊은 사랑
알려준 그대
그대 하나로
몇번이라고 해도
다시 태어난대도
그대 사랑이면 된다고
누구보다 사랑합니다
내가슴에 내 맘속에
살아있는 그대라서
지금 그댈 만나러 갑니다
이제 영원이란 약속까지 담아갑니다
그대 사랑해서 행복합니다
Let's see how far my translation goes (sorry if it sucks):
In the midst of passing by others, I wanted to find someone first
The eyes and voice that seemed to came(?) my heart that wants to cuddle just hears
If I call for you because I missed you and want to see you, wherever on earth will you be? (?)
Once again I'll call for you
Because of you I'm like this
Because you're the one I love
Now I'm going to meet you
Let me know that my love is deeper than my tears
Even with the first conversation we had by the street lamp
It's still shining on my heart
At the corner of my eyes as I glanced at everything
Everything that is about you only - the recollection of memories
If I said with all my heart that I like you
Is it going to be difficult? Though I'm scared
Once again I'll call for you
Because of you I'm like this
Because you're the one I love
Now I'm going to meet you
Let me know that my love is deeper than my tears
To be with you
Even to say it several times
Even if I need to be born again
If I can be your lover
More than anyone else I love you
Because you live in my heart
So now I'm going to meet you
Now, till I have fulfilled my promise is this thing called forever
I'm happy because I love you
Sorry if it's wrong. I took the gist and I'm not even sure if the gist is correct! Korean songs tend to stray away a bit from conventional grammar I think. So I'm not sure if the one whole sentence is suppose to be one whole sentence or two sentences. Though the song has inflections and pauses but Korean melodies and lyrics often don't sync, imo. But that makes Korean songs really nice cause it fits perfectly without needing to cram or having too much pauses in between.
Okay, I'm done. Have repeated that song for more than 10 times while doing this translation work. Shows how bad my Korean is. But Kim Bum's voice is beautiful. The very small nitpicking regarding his less of control on rounding up the higher notes is forgivable. You just skimp over it.
And oh, btw, Happy birthday Lee Hom.




No comments:
Post a Comment