Tuesday

Oh The Wonders.

I have resolved to do everything and nothing.

I have resolved to write everything and nothing.

I have resolved to strike a balance between writing for an assignment and writing for a story.


...

All of which I unfortunately, sit on the only one end of the see-saw. Either that, or I am not even sitting anywhere near a see-saw.

Yup, this is a dilemma that all university students face: Academic writing.

What is academic writing?

It is writing in a defined framework, writing with references left right up bottom center. It is writing the way I DON'T normally write.

Now I kinda regret choosing all those stories to write back when I was in primary and secondary school...

And yes, sometimes I am stubborn enough to want to just say "whatever!" and stick to my own way. But of course, I am also stubborn enough to just want to learn this, write them and get it over and done with.

What a wonder to be both a perfectionist and a lazy bum.


(And what do you know? The wonders of new desktops and keyboards which keeps on hanging on the 'R's. So I have to deliberately punch every letter...not unlike an old typewriter.)

And I was sitting in class this morning, trying not to let my mind wander.

(The more I think of it, the less I like this keyboard that I am typing on. Maybe it just doesn't like me either.)

I kinda miss Form 6 where it was stressful yet you understand what the stress is all about, and so you can laugh about it.

Right now, I feel really stressed, I know 90% of what's the stress is all about, but I can't laugh about it.


Come to think of it, I do miss Sherry's narcissistic praises and sarcasm which then gets taunted back by Larry, Ooi Jin, Siu Fai and Kean Sheng. (Oh! The brain is not a muscle. How we fondly remember them in black and white) I do miss Li Qin's "bloody hell" (did I just typed that in?!)...hahaha...and Ooi Jin's kiasu-ness and his reminder that STPM is coming soon. Was coming, to rephrase that.

Ah, nostalgia nostalgia. Why does art thou impress thyself upon me?


Sometimes I just feel so uninspiring, which then I put a wry smile to it.

And this is not even close to formal writing. What an unhumourous joke.

No comments: