There are some quite interesting and anticipating movies...
Or not.
As for me, it's quite silly to say I can be the judge of what's good to watch. My motto:
Got money, time, a strong constitution and a very empty bladder, watch all that attracts.
Shall take on a lame approach, if I may correctly do so. Some people do this better than I. Me. I mean...let's spread a little season cheer, shall we not? I mean...Thaipusam cheer. I mean, exam cheer....asdaksfugohwdalsbckjbv..*pfft
Good afternoon, this is CJ Bibimbap as your host.
Hungry for a
Through this year, we are done with all the trilogies and second sequels (thank goodness!). No more Captain Jack Sparrow for those who find his eyeliner and drunken stupor absolutely overrated, or William Turner for those who find him being Davy Jones is like asking a river trout to swim in the Pacific Ocean. (Go home, Turner!) We, I mean, the Hollywood and Chinawood are back with fourth installments or remakes or simply, sequels.
Stepping right up from the era of Shaolin Soccer, comes Pengerusi Jay with his Kung Fu Dunk. Well, Jay has a knack for basketball, just don't think that he will smile more often than he does on Secret. It'd be cool if he could play piano and the basketball bounces along with each note. Hey, that's an idea. Isn't it? Then it will be Secret Slam Dunk. People who hate Twins, expect Charlene Choi.
watch the extended trailer here.
Then you have CJ7, a creation of Stephen Chow, the king of laughter. I've embedded the trailer before. Xu Jiao is a girl. That makes it all more interesting to watch. Besides, it's Stephen Chow. Who doesn't
March goes a bit slow on movies. If you want something fantasy, which this year and last year promise a lot, then you can go and expect Spiderwick Chronicles. I am not sure about this chronicles and I'm a little arachnophobic. But nevertheless, if you enjoy being wow-ed by daemons in Golden Compass, the winterland of Narnia, the hobbitses of LOTR, I think you should catch this. Bring a net. Or Ridsect for any of that matter. Just don't spray on my face, thank you very much. I don't have eight limbs.
watch the trailer here.
Talking about Narnia, CJ Bibimbap is so excited cause her favorite chronicles are out on screen again! This time following the publishing order of the books, Walden and Disney again presents The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian in May 2008! May is a good month.
watch the trailer here.
But I skipped a month.
Let's retract to April. I always find Death Note 2 nicer than Death Note 1 cause the ending was so cliche I find it absolutely delicious. But seriously, second sequels can spoil things. In Death Note 2, we all presumed that L, the genius who adores sweets like that fat boy in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (sorry, forgot the name.) is dead while playing chess and drinking sweet tea (which he manages to finish before he dies, now isn't that wonderful.) And the Death Note was nicely burned as so he claims. Well well, what do you know? He isn't dead! Not in the third one. Well, technically he has 23 days to live. (That reminds me of the show 23 by Jim Carrey. Spooky.) So in L's Movie or Death Note 3 or L: Change the World (so many names!), L is back, or rather, still around. And needs to do some last thing before he dies. What's that? Watch and be amazed.
watch L here.
Another fantasy movie in April: The Water Horse. Same fellas who did Narnia. Just one month before. This should be an interesting watch, though I thought I'd be watching seahorses instead. People might just travel to Europe this year, after all. And some less informed might say, "See, I told ya it exist, this Loch Ness 'reature. 'is friendly...and now 'is in d'movies..." Alright, so they don't talk like that. Me no Scot. :P
watch friendly Loch Ness here.
I guess this year's most anticipated movie after Rambo 4 would be Indiana Jones 4. Who wouldn't want to see Harrison Ford does all his "close your eyes", horse jumping, walk on invisible bridge thingie? Besides, that old man is hot. Enough. And Indiana Jones was something people grew up with. It's like
Interestingly, the trailer's not out. But who needs a trailer. It's INDY! *screams while waving cards decorated with LED lights.
June. Expect Jack Black again. No, not in Nacho Libre 2 or School of Rock 2 or School of Metal or The Holiday 2 even. But rather, expect him in black and white. Expect him in a Dreamwork's picture, Kung Fu Panda. I am thinking Powerpuff Girls already.
watch the trailer here.
And if Ang Lee's Hulk was a mess, apparently they are remaking it. The Incredible Hulk is the name, and no, it's not directed by the same guy, but will it deliver the same results? I have yet to see, cause a remake this soon is like asking George Clooney to recast himself as Ocean in Ocean's Eleven The Remake. Or like asking the White Witch to come back to Narnia and this time be more evil and more scared of Aslan. Or asking Jason Bourne to lose his identity again. Or getting Neo to eat the other pill instead. But we shall see. No trailer here. Maybe we are expecting the same thing???
Thus end CJ Bibimbap's nonsense report of this year's movies to watch. Or not.




No comments:
Post a Comment