Presenting...
T (Tasha Reid) or 윤미래 Yoon Mi Rae
First heard her in Lovers in Prague OST with the track "아픔이 사라진 후/After Love Disappears" (also s as "Who" in her 3rd album Y O O N M I R A E).
What can I say? I love her voice. I haven't heard the rest of her songs at all, but that song is enough to make me just LOVE LOVE her voice.
Apparently, she's also one of the most gifted rappers in Korea. A good rapper that sings great as well...as I said, powerhouse.
She is, as mentioned, half black, half Korean. Dad's an American African, mom's a Korean. So she must have inherited the rapping eloquence from dad and singing abilities from both parents.
Singing "Who" live in KBS's Love Letter in 2007
Korean lyrics:
웃으며 눈물을
흘려 내려버린
감추고 싶었던 슬픔은 지금 날 비웃죠
미소로 눈물을
삼켜 버리며 난
바라 보려해도 외로움은 날 쉽게 놓지않아
아픔이 사라진 후
혼자 있어도
이젠 미소짓는 나는 사랑 따윈 기대 안했어
아픔이 사라진 후
음~ 행복하지만 슬픔의눈물 우~ 왜일까
얼룩진 내맘은 이미 찢어져버려
더이상 사랑은 원치않았어
원하지 않았던 니가 그리워
I just wanna be with you
And love you till the end of time
Translation: (credits: little_omlette @ z-degrees.net)
I sent my tears falling with a smile
The sadness I wanted to hide is now mocking me
If I swallow back my tears with a smile
Even if you call me a fool, my misery isn't letting me go easily
When I'm alone after pain has left
I didn't look towards love while I smiled
After pain left, I'm happy
But what is the reason for these sad tears
My stained heart is already ripped apart
I don't want love anymore
I'm longing for you who I didn't even want
I just wanna be with you
And love you til the end of time
Check out her rap here in Black Happiness (talking bout her own story). The lyrics is quite sad but filled with hope as well.
I'd say her rap is good, but I'm no expert there.





No comments:
Post a Comment