Saturday

It's YOU! It's REALLY YOU!

I was not anticipating anything from the 20th Golden Melody Awards in Taiwan this year, but I like award shows. I have a fancy for them, so I stayed on and watch through the red carpet and opening...

And I saw the first to present awards were Ariel Lin and omg, SUPER JUNIOR!

SUJU, you are amazingly popping up everywhere I see!


At red carpet...missed this part cause Astro AEC wasn't showing the red carpet until the last 40 minutes or so.

It was quite a treat cause on Friday they performed on Music Bank's Half Year Special, some like Yesung, Shindong, Eunhyuk and Sungmin performed as part of Boys' Generation...yup, parodying "Gee", along with 2AM, 2PM and SHINee members.


Boys' Generation & Girls' Generation - Gee (JoKwon from 2AM is the one who's the most er, expressive.)


Super Junior - It's You & Sorry Sorry

Then they flew to Taiwan to perform their 2 hit songs...

So anyway, then Ariel Lin said that probably because they were going to perform later, so they were quite nervous. And I wanted to watch them perform.

And so I waited. And waited. And I was like "WHERE IS SUJU?" And then they appeared.

Videos won't be up so soon, but I was disappointed by the cameramen. Granted, they won't know the songs "It's You" and "Sorry, Sorry" like the Korean cameramen would, but it was visually not so appealing. Then again, I don't think they have ever encounter such a ENORMOUS band like Super Junior. Just look at them on the red carpet!

And Sung Min, due to leg injury, was standing up on the pedestal like some lone figure. At first I was like, eh, then I realised that Sung Min was injured, so he couldn't dance much. But he did dance a little. That boy is just GREAT.

Yesung's hair. Meh. At the rate of dyes he's doing, I'm actually afraid for his hair health.

Heechul's looking a little moody, thankfully Eeteuk seemed to be smiling a little bit more. I always think he has this charisma.

Hangeng, being the only one most fluent in Mandarin, spoke mostly.

Everyone else are just looking GREAT. Eunhyuk is just awesome, I love his dancing. Shindong as well.

But camera aside, the audio system was quite good, considering how Music Bank for the last two weeks have been annoying me by ruining "It's You" audio-wise. Though their fans, omg, can just muffle the whole singing. Not that the singing is great, but Ryeowook, hey, Kyuhyun, hey, Yesung, hey!

Of course, Ki Bum wasn't there, but I'm not really bothered. I just had to keep myself from being too excited when I saw them...live. for the very first time. Too bad their Super Show won't be coming to Malaysia. Maybe I would go for it.

Actually, I'm a little worried for them cause they are quite busy, flying from Korea to Taiwan and then back while preparing for their Super Show, which is BIG.

Super Junior will also be having their Super Show in Taiwan, given their popularity there. Their subgroup SUJU-M, which is active in China, is also quite well-received in Taiwan.

20th Golden Melody Awards is still on RIGHT now, with the last three biggest unnamed yet: Best Male, Best Female and Best Album of the Year. So who will win? Jay? Lee Hom? Fish? Tanya?


Edit:
Best Newcomer - Crowd Lu 盧廣仲 (100 Ways To Live 100 種生活)
Best Male Singer - Jay Chou 周杰倫 (Capricorn 魔杰座)
Best Female Singer - Sandee Chan 陳珊妮 (If There Is One Important Thing 如果有一件事是重要的)
Best Album - Eason Chan 陳奕迅 (Don't Want To Let Go 不想放手)

No comments: