Saturday

Goodbye My Love



8eight - Goodbye My Love 잘가요 내사랑 (from their digital single "잘가요 내사랑" released June) featuring Kim So Eun 김소은 (Boys Over Flowers), 2AM Jin Woon and actor Jung Gyeo Woon 정겨운 (Women of the Sun).

The story is about a love triangle, unfortunately, in which, the character played by Jin Woon decides to stand in the middle of the road and records his confession of love, and as every good Korean music video plot goes, he dies.

Though it's a typical melodrama storyline...really, I have seen so many music videos (Kpop wise) that ends or starts this way...J's 열흘만 (Just Ten Days), Davichi's 8282, Jo Sung Mo's To Heaven, Alex's 나쁜짓(Bad Conduct), etc etc etc. Let's not even mention dying dramas.

But I think it's a good MV overall. At least it has a prominent plot line and boy, Kim So Eun is looking wonderful here, not really a far cry from her BOF role, but she manage to hold her character well. Don't need to be overly cute, she's already cute.

Although when I say good, I don't mean great. Cause seriously, according to my practical personality, if I'm the guy, I'd be feeling super uncomfortable being a lamp post. Never mind if I'm the cameraman. Maybe that's why I'd be standing in the middle of the road, far far away from them, and then get killed by an oncoming silent truck.

Dramas are dramas you know. Cannot take them too seriously. But the truck-hitting-people-plot just have to stop. It's overused and seriously, they don't travel on city streets at high speed (case in point: Open City).

And after watching the video, I'd rather Kim So Eun's character ended up with Jin Woon's character. Cause even if your best friend died filming you and your girlfriend, you don't and shouldn't channel your grief at your girlfriend. Though yes, it is seriously crap to find out your best friend likes your girl as well (Did he though?). Maybe he's blaming her, "See, why are you so perfect?". Men.

And I can't help it but seeing the broken camera lens and almost shouted, "AFTER EFFECTS!" :)


But the song's good. Though I like their previous title track, 심장이 없어 (Heartless) more.


One thing I notice about Korean music videos is that they often just release one or two music videos from the whole album. Unlike Mandopop. If they like, they could make a music video album with exactly the same number of tracks as the audio version. (Case in point: F.I.R's Love Diva album. Out of 12 tracks, around 9 tracks have a music video each)

No comments: