I am so slow, slow, slow, slow, cause these albums came out in April but I only tune my ears to them recently..the reason is because Music Bank and Yu HuiCheol's Sketchbook is aired later on KBS World rather at the same time.
Park Ji-Yoon 박지윤 singing 바래진 기억에 (In My Fading Memory)

Park Ji Yoon used to be in JYP (the music mogul who created Rain, Wonder Girls, 2AM and 2PM) when megastars like Rain were nobody then. Yup, she was a star before Rain. Then, she didn't want to continue in the sexy image that her boss was molding her to be. She left JYP and "disappeared" for a while, while her juniors took the limelight.

7th Album
Then she's back with the 7th album - 꽃, 다시 첫번째 (Flower, First Time Again) in April. In My Fading Memory is her title track and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that song. I think my sister would love this album as well. Unlike her previous albums, this album has more mature sounds, a lot of basic instruments, not a lot of fancy electronic stuff found in today's Kpop. Like in the 5th track 그대는 나무 같아 (Literally translated as You Are Like A Tree) and 6th track 잠꼬대 (Sleep Talking), it's like unplugged singing. Only a lone guitar picking arrangement (Track 5) or a piano (Track 6).
Of course the other tracks are a little more ensemble. Like Track 8 is a little more soft rock but nothing that would make you want to hit the "next" button.
And from what I've been hearing a little, her lyrics has that allusion to nature: snow, spring, summer, tree, flower, etc. But all her lyrics are sad. Then again, which Kpop lyrics aren't melancholy? Then again, which ballad isn't melancholy?
It's an easy listening album. Yup, my sister's genre. If you like Sarah McLachlan type of songs, you'd like Park Ji Yoon.
Tracklist:
1. 안녕 Goodbye (can be hello too, but I'll go with goodbye)
2. 봄, 여름 그 사이 Between Spring & Summer
3. 바래진 기억에 In My Fading Memory
4. 4 월 16 일 April 16th
5. 그대는 나무 같아 You Are Like A Tree
6. 잠꼬대 Sleep Talking
7. 봄 눈 Spring Snow
8. 돌아오면 돼 Just Come Back
9. 괜찮아요 It's Alright
Mate 메이트 singing 그리워 (Longing) from their first album Be Mate

Mate consists of three boys with a Korean American drummer (which from YT comments, people have been saying "ooh, cute/hot/good looking" though I like the guitarist & keyboardist more. ;) )
These are the people that make me feel so inadequate, yet, I still want to listen to them. Haven't heard all of their songs but just of that one song, I want to hear more of them. They are a relatively new band, though each has been quite involved in other music projects, especially the guitarist, Im Heon-Il.
The keyboardist, Jung Joon-Il contributed to the soundtrack of Do Re Mi Fa So La Si Do the movie, featuring Jang Geun-Seok (Beethoven Virus, Baby And I).
They are a rock band, and their vocals are pretty nice. That being said, it's good to have a little rock in my music again after My Aunt Mary.
Tracklist:
1. 고백 Confession
2. 그리워 Longing
3. Come Back To Me
4. It's Alright
5. 하늘을 날아 Fly To The Sky
6. 너에게...기대 Expecting You
7. 우울한 너에게 To A Depressed You
8. 왜 Why
9. 난 너를 사랑해 I Love You
10. 안녕 Goodbye
See why I find this making me feeling so inadequate? And all love at the same time?







1 comment:
Nice fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.
Post a Comment