Friday

"It's Dark In Here..."

"...and I can't breathe."

Have you wondered why God let darkness stay? Why couldn't He just make the whole day...day?

Darkness allows us to rest, allows us to snuggle warmly in our beds and allows our body to do all that biological wonders.

But darkness also brings evil, darkness also hides all the darkest thoughts of men and conceals the deeds that hardens the heart of men.

Darkness also wraps us up in a nice little box that frightens even the non-claustrophobic. Where our thoughts wander, our hearts age a little more. Where our hearts age, our minds multiply the thoughts that cause us to hide our sorrows from others, our tears from falling but our smiles from showing.


I've been severe on myself. Critical perhaps, but definitely severe. I remain but only as the old wineskin that is unable to hold the new wine. I am the garment that need patches but isn't able to hold them.


Yes, I am a fool. A fool so estranged.

Yet, the day comes. The first ray of the sun shines, brighter than any light could ever produce.

In the darkness, I find myself wishing I'm Lucy of the Narnian Chronicles. It'd be comforting to bury my head in Aslan's mane. Though I will never in my life come close to a lion, but like how the books have been saying, there is a certain comfort and gladness as well, just to know that he's there.

No comments: