Sunday

Football Fans - Listen Up!

My friend, Jonathan Tan wrote this in his blog. Footballers, pay attention.

This is not an original insight. This was from my friend, Jack Ng and I'm just elaborating on it.

In football (soccer to Americans) one key tactic is for a midfielder to kick a "long ball" from midfield right up to near the opposing team's goal, hoping that a striker will be perfectly placed to "finish" the ball. Now, because of the offside rule, the striker can only run into position after the midfielder has kicked the ball. Before the ball is kicked, he must make sure there are at least two people between himself and the baseline (the goalkeeper being one of them).
Similarly we as Christians need the patience not to run too far ahead before God has "kicked the ball", so to speak. We often go too fast, placing ourselves in an offside position when God hasn't moved yet. We need to watch and wait. Footballers do this to precision on the field, why can't we do this as well in our own walk with God?

So we have a new term for going ahead of God's timing...being offside.



::Day and night I'll stick with GOD;I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go::

No comments: