I remember one quote from 'My Sassy Girl': "Korean like soapy dramas." I couldn't agree more. Hehehe...sometimes I do like them, though I don't cry every episode, except for Autumn In My Heart.
Even so, sometimes they tend to get a little draggy and it goes round and round the plot like a carousel.
Take for example, 'Stairway to Heaven'. I'm not saying that its horrible. It's fine. A typical Korean soap drama. The story could be better though. Song Joo (Kwon Sang Woo) need not be so violent.
Sherry once said that she despise the picture of Korean girls being submissive and weak. Haha, Sherry wants to be the dominant one, eh?
I like Korean dramas because of 2 things: 1, scenery. 2, soundtrack. Bother not if the story drags. Their soundtracks are really nice. I know for sure that those with tragic endings, endless weeping have really mellow and sad songs, vice versa. (dUh...)
Nevertheless, I enjoy soap operas. Like 'The Princess' from Thailand starring Tik Jessadaporn...hehehe, and I also like Korean dramas and movies...not Taiwan though...Meteor Garden is...totally out. The 'Chong Yao' stories like Ghost Husband, Green Grass By The River...those are not so bad.
Stairway to Heaven finished day before yesterday though I didn't watch the last part of the show anymore...not even the part they cook spaghetti together...OH WELL...I just know how the girl died...
Something for those Korean drama fans...this is the Stairway to Heaven video clip..Guys, I know, its a little bimbotic and chick stuff here...but some do like soap operas... :)
http://www.jiwoofriends.com/vod/heaven_ost2.wmv
This is the one with the guy who sang the song...Hey, I said the song was nice... :)
http://kimbumsoo.co.kr/cgi-bin/technote/board/data/upfile/bsk_sbs_040321.asf
Sigh...should stop watching all these soapy stuff for a while. I'm currently watching The 'W' Files...cause it have one of my favorite character: Wisely (His Chinese name is so much better)...science fiction stuff...Hong Kong drama...TVB stuff...
Okay, those don't understand what in the world I am saying...never mind...hehehe....
Anyway, soap operas remind me of the one in Sleepless in Seattle.
I'm currently feeling odd. I've been feeling odd nowadays...hehe...
I need to start studying again. Slack too much already...sigh...
Oh yeah, Joanne said bout story...I have one in mind...but wait lah....inspiration come late nowadays...I don't want to write another short love story with broken hearts...too many of those makes me feel sick of them...I should really write one story where there's no romance involved at ALL...no girls no guys...just plain old motherhood...hahahahahha...
And I agree with Sherry..The brother is much better than Song Joo...he sacrificed so much for Jing Soo. And to tell you the truth, the brother look much better in real life...
Stairway to Heaven - Shin Hyun Joon and Choi Ji Woo
Stairway to Heaven - Shin Hyun Joon, Choi Ji Woo, Kwon Sang Woo and Kim Tae Hee
Successful Story Of A Bright Girl - Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara
Autumn In My Heart - Song Hae Gyo and Wonbin
My Love Patzzi - Heung Eun Heui, Kim Jae Won, Jang Nara and Kim Rae Won
Hotelier - Bae Yong Joon and Song Yun Ah
My Sassy Girl - Cha Tae Hyun and Jeon Ji-Hyun
I think that's about all the dramas I've watched so far... not bad huh? My record...hehehe...that's only the Korean ones..hahahahah....all are great shows...okay, maybe not all...hehehe
::Day and night I'll stick with GOD;I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go::




No comments:
Post a Comment