I was at Kean Sheng's surprise birthday party today.
We had buffet lunch.
This is what a conversation between Sherry, Siu Fai and Larry sounds something like:
(Siu Fai brings a plate of carbonara to the table and sits down.)
Sherry: Eh, I want laksa!
Siu Fai + Larry: Ya ya...this is Italian laksa. If you want spaghetti, you can get the Malaysian spaghetti outside over there.
**
(Sherry bringing banana dessert to table.)
Sherry: I like banana.
Larry (sarcastically): Oh really?
Sherry: I like the fruit! Not the brainless one (referring to SF).
Larry + Siu Fai: Oh! So the banana you like got brain one lah?
**
This is Li Qin's reaction to her birthday present from Larry.
Li Qin to Larry: Is it a ladybug?
(takes stuff toy from plastic bag.)
Li Qin: It is a ladybug!
Larry + Sherry: What?! Ladybug?! It's a mushroom lah!
Li Qin: Mushroom? Where got?!!!
**
Kean Sheng's cold joke of the day:
(His sister and parents tricked him into believing that Galaxie was having a post-concert party in the restaurant where we are eating, so a bit packed. He was so surprised to see all of us surprising him...nearly got heart attack, he said.)
Later...
Kean Sheng: That's why I am such a good liar.
**
And this is what brainless me will say:
Salesman: This perfume has a spicy smell because they add in black pepper.
Li Qin: ooh! Like pepper spray!
Me: Nolah. Pepper spray use red pepper.
Sherry + Li Qin: ...
Saturday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment