Thursday

What A Market!

20th September.

The day looms closer.

I feel a little nervous, as if I am going to school or uni for the very first time.

..

Which relatively I am.

But anywayz.

I was reading this very interesting article from Washington Post.

The new media, indeed.

News will no longer need us to walk to the news stands to grab it. There is always the iPhone! The Internet! And of course, there's the ubiquitous CNN.

No, that's not new media.

As the technology advances, so does our need for speed and instantaneous items...there is the instant noodle, instant coffee, the instant Milo, the instant teh tarik (we have already pulled the tea powder, you just need to pour hot water!) and of course the instant shopping.

My mom and I used to wish that those cook shows are in real time. Then we can just grab the plate of scrumptious food from the telly and enjoy. Kinda like the tele-transportation happening in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". It's really cool. I wonder if Wonka's chocolates are really that nice? Hmm...

But some things just don't come cheap. Sony for instance love their marketing strategy, which is to sell off at a high price first, then make RICH people buy them. Whereas some people like me are still somewhat stuck in the Sonyo or Soni budget. (Hey, that font type looks like Sony...)

It's a competitive world. We are all spicing things up, selling everything or anything people will be willing to buy...XXX's Dog Fur Dye, you want your dog's hair to look as red as yours? Try our products and be amazed! You won't even know the difference! or YYY's Portable Personal Rubbish Bin, be environmentally responsible, don't litter. Throw it at us! It's inflatable too!...



Okay, so I was talking rubbish. But you've gotta admit, it's a pretty competitve world. Some products work beautifully like Hertz's EZ-Squirt ketchup for kids during 2003. Now that may sound pretty normal. But here's the clincher. It's green in color! Yes, it also goes in purple, pink, orange, teal and even blue! Think!

Blue
ketchup!
Blue
ketchup!
Blue
ketchup!
Blue
ketchup!
Blue ketchup!
Blue ketchup!
Blue ketchup!

But they don't produce those anymore. SO...but it was a success.

...

See, I forgot what I wanted to say.


Whatever it is, there's always new products that sell and don't. Imagine if Breeze (the washing detergent) came out with white icing powder for cake decoration. Or Dutch Lady coming out with sofas. Think Coke and its flopped New Coke years ago and you get the picture.

So, if you are trying to pioneer a business. Go for it! You never know when people would love your product. Establish the brand...like Nike's swoosh, like Hard Rock's globe...and you might find a customer or a million in your golden chili sauce.

不好笑。(not funny)

No comments: