I've been doing my quiet time at night now since I can't seem to bother to wake up in the morning. Well, I'm okay with it...A switch in time is quite good.
At least now I get my own room so I can stay how long I want at night and not be afraid of my sister mumbling, "Ooi, go to sleep lah..."
I'm much better after the last post. I got things settled with God and well, I believe He heard me well enough. Though it's quite terrible that I lost control over my temper yesterday because I felt so bad and embarassed when teacher was 'proclaiming' the grades of our first Bio paper...and I got a B-...can you believe that? When everyone else was being said, "A...A-" I got a miserable B-...Sheesh. So its kinda bummer. Then, we were playing scrabble and boy, I got really stuck up. Quite surprised at my attitude yesterday...well, mellowed today...
Results wasn't that good because if I compare with my class, most of them got pretty good and most of those 'pretty good' ones come from my ex-school, DJ. Sigh...
Today was a battle between conscience and temptation. Hehe...my Maths teacher accidentally added 10 marks for my Maths paper, which I was actually quite surprised that I can actually get that high. It was a terrible paper so I knew I was going to flunk it. I passed someways...even though after I counted 10 marks less...
So, I was thinking, "Did she make a mistake?" Inside, I was battling. SHould I tell teacher that she had counted wrongly? Or should I shut up and pretend nothing has happen?
1 Peter 3:15 came to my mind. It was this week's memory verse for the youth. "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord..." I memorised that...and I learned the basics again about obeying what the Word says...so I was really fighting against temptation. I could feel Satan just, "Never mind lah, just pretend that never happened lor. Maybe you're the one counting wrongly." On the other side of my shoulder, the Holy Spirit was prompting, "What would God say next time? 'Rebekah Lee, you cheated. Why didn't you ask to change your marks?' Would you want that to happen?" Boy, that was a really really tough time. I thought I was going to crack in two.
So, I asked my friend to check for me and she confirmed that I shouldn't get 60. I should get 52 instead. Okay...then my other friend told me, "Bekah, you're always so honest." My first friend then told me, "I believe what goes around comes around. When you're honest, it'll come back to you somehow." Practical wisdom from a non-Christian. Hehe...
Made up my mind. I will tell about the changes. I was imagining what I would feel during Open Day, when my dad would come and take the report card and I will be wondering with guilt.
I told my teacher and she said, "Oh, 10 marks extra. Ah, tomorrow, tomorrow."
There goes my B- to a C+. Not that I don't expect it anyway. Whew, that was fast.
Now I'm thinking of, "Good girl. Doing what's right." Not being proud lah, but thank God that I obeyed Him. My conscience was really working this time.
Finally, I'm conscious free. Haha...
Boy, sure is tough to stay alive in the world and not conforming to the world. I rather not actually. After a while, things get boring and stale. The only thing interesting is CSI but after a while, its the same old plot and then you will feel that you won't die if you miss one episode. Same goes for all the movies and dramas in the world.
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...(I Peter 3:15)
::Day and night I'll stick with GOD;I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go::
Thursday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
yeah reb! u did the right thing. didnt know u were struggling that hard with your conscience though... heh...
Hello rebekah,
nice change to your blog. And I love the picture, so graceful, I always wanted to learn some form of dance but some things just don't permit it. haha.
Anyway, I'm glad you've made the decision to not fall into that temptation. Yeah, it's an undeniable fact that Satan is reaaally good at tempting people but of coz, God always wins over Satan. I praise GOd for that. I'm sure that the angels rejoiced in heaven as you have took that step to obey God. Hope you'll continue to look to Him. =)
God bless!
hope you enjoy your last year of form 6 this year...my how time flies eh?
Post a Comment