I know, I have spoken of this before. Yet, I want to touch on this again. Those who don't agree with me, just listen to what I have to say.
For two days, I have imagined, looked and felt uncomfortable with what was written, projected, shown. Then I realise, we were looking at a same piece of a puzzle all our life. I see people trapped by their own desires, going out to just do what they wanted to do. But, who are they?
Hallmark just screened 'She's Too Young'. Its a story about this 14 year old girl name Hannah who thought she wasn't popular enough. She started hanging out with 'cool' kids. Before she knew it, she thought she fell in love with this guy. Passion aroused and she had Syphilis, a form of STD just by performing oral sex with this guy. (This guy had multiple sex partners)
Her mother tried to redeem herself from all these, or at least that is what Hannah thought. It wasn't until she was rejected by society when her mother went around asking for parental support in abstinence. Of course she would hate her mother. She went to this guy friend of hers who I really would kick a little and salute a little. Yup, passion aroused again...she initiated it....BUT...the guy said, "Hey, we still got a long way to go to know if this is really what we want." She thought he was calling her a slut. He hadn't meant it so. He knew how precious chasity could be.
She had two friends. One who had Syphilis earlier and multiple sex partners. Her mother was almost the same. But she had realised her mistake and she wanted to become a "born-again" virgin. Sadly, in the same time, her younger sister was slowly being influenced too. The other girl, however, went on and when she climbed back into her bedroom, she realised how horrible it could be. Now that it dawned upon her.
Before that, I read White Oleander, a movie tie-in fiction. At first, I thought it was going to be just lovey duvey and nothing offensive. By offensive to me here means, with lots of F words flying around like birds and having sex described mildly. Of course I would get offended by the thought that Astrid would actually threw away her clothes just to be caressed by a man twice her age. She was only a 14 year old. The way it was described I thought I was going to have hot flushes. I had gastric.
Some of you may say, "What's the big deal? It's just sex." I realise many times that life is bigger than it is. Like how Switchfoot sang, "We were meant to live for so much more!" And like how Stacie Orrico sang, "There's gotta be more to life, than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me..." Haven't we ever wondered, life is not just all about sex and boys or girls or anything related to that?
I personally believe, that even if I don't believe in a God, I would still agree with Orrico. There must be some purpose in life! There must be something, some good reason why we are here.
Since I do believe in a God, I do believe strongly, I won't say that I am all perfect. If Christians are perfect, for what are we doing here? No. I've heard and seen many Christians fall the same way others do. The only thing differentiate them is that they have something else to hang onto. Listen to me, friends, Christians are also human. We are just forgiven. Again and again. Yes, you might think, "What? She's trying to shove gospel down my throat?" If it would be that easy, God need us not.
I personally believe in chasity, abstinence till marriage bed. I imagine the joy that I would have, the freedom I would feel and treasure all my life just because I chose to wait. I am really waiting for that fairy tale ending: Happily ever after.
Even so, I am not guaranteeing even myself that I would being so grounded in being pure. I am still a girl, with girly thoughts..to same as my brothers in Christ, they are still boys, having boyish thoughts. That's where we lean onto Someone stronger.
I would love to strangle the neck of the devil sometimes. Don't I just love that, but how can I? I don't even see him. Vengeance is God's. If the devil was a person, I would really enjoy strangling him. Of course that will never happen. Yet, I laugh at the devil. I could remember what Paul had said, "We are not unaware of his tricks." It's always the same thing, only a level higher. Exactly like a computer game. You win this level, you meet a stronger opponent next level and so on.
Rebecca St. James hit it correctly, "Wait for me as I wait for you." What happen to those who never got married? Celibacy is a wonderful gift too, though I don't wish that most of the time. Hehe...we all crave for someone, don't we? :)
What's my point? My point is its not easy to overcome temptation, but it can be done. As Billy Graham and other leaders would say, even the Bible would say it, "Flee from temptation! Walk away!" And there will always be a Friend who will give you the strength to walk away.
Sexual immorality doomed the world, bringing teenagers down, brokened. There's always grace. There's always hope.
My friend once asked me, "What if all the religion there is existing now actually are all fake? That actually that God or whoever was never found?" Well, friend, think about it. If you have a child, you would want that child to call you mummy/daddy and not everyone else right? You would want that child to know that you are his/her mummy/daddy right? Same goes with God. He created you. You ARE His child. Of course He'll want you to know that He's your Daddy. Duh.
Then I got another asking me, "Why can't good men enter heaven?" Friend, I could never answer that question. I got the answer now. We are saved by grace not works. If we are saved by works, you would think that eventually some really good men will be proud and want to deserve more right? What happened to justice? The humbleness in helping people? What happened to the heart? Cracked. Read this:
You let the world, which doesn't know the first thing about living, tell you how to live. We all did it, all of us doing what we felt like doing, when we felt like doing it, all of us in the same boat.
It's a wonder God didn't lose His temper and do away with the whole lot of us. Instead, immense in mercy and with an incredible love, He embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ. He did all this on his own, with no help from us! Then he picked us up and set us down in highest heaven in company with Jesus, our Messiah.
Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
Answer your question?
::Cause I am waiting for
Praying for you darling
Wait for me too
Wait for me as I wait for you ::
::Day and night I'll stick with GOD;I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go::
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
haha.. yay im anon...
anyway.. wow.. i havent read the whole thing.. its so long.. but it seems pretty meaningful so i will later on.. :) anyway.. ill keep this short..takke care.. God bless:) loveeee,
sherin
yo bekah...i totally agree with u...i'm kinda tired now, i'll comment more another time, kay?? take care yah...
tzeyuen
Hey gurl! Stef here....errr....why u asking me to read this? anyway, i agree with u! But then again...easier said than done. More and more people our age get trapped by this....i guess the best thing we can do is to pray :) sometimes, words just don't work.
love,
Stef
heyy..me again:)
well.. very moving stuff up there.. and revelations.. its so true.. even the most charitable people who do the best works.. may start to get proud once in a while.. and then God steps in.. and there are so many reasons behind actions.. yeahh,, insecurity, peer pressure, to find comfort, or just because they're tired of always being the strong, successful perfect one.. yeah.. props to that entry.. Im so thankful we have a God who constantly loves and forgives..:)because we all need that <3 sherin:)
hi...:P
yeah, u're right...sexual purity is so precious and we can only give that virginity wrapped up once...opened once like a present and it can never be speciall again...relli grieve me when ppl in college go out and let this special gift become something so common.
do u mind if i take some thoughts from u and put it in my blog? I was just so irked when ppl look at us and call us religious.
u said it right, that we are saved by grace, not by good works.
i'm not sure exactly what u wan me to comment on but yeah, rebekah, continue to shine thru ur blogs..so blessed by ur posts and this post too.
I will wait.
Post a Comment