Thursday

Making A Movie

I realised that actually this semester isn't so screwed-up after all. Well well, what do you know?

Cause now, the media students are free! ... to do whatever they want, as long they can deliver the end-product.

Yeah, I'm talking about end-product.

I really want to step into the waters of making a short film at about 20 minutes.

But looking at the enormous amount of work and the lack of equipment, cash and skill, I am really unsure if I should do it.

I mean, I have done theater before, writing, directing and producing a 15-minute play. But that is not a one-man show. I had the whole of Upper 6 Seroja to help me.

Now it is to be a one-man show. And it requires more time, energy, money and skill. Cause now I have to write the screenplay, find the actors, set the budget & schedule, direct, make production sets if needed, record sound, compose music, synchronise, edit, integrate and film the whole thing myself.

WOW. That's a lot of work.

Someone please give me RM 10,000 so I can film without killing myself first.


Okay, okay. God will provide. So I don't need to kill myself at all.


So tell me, do you think this is a sane idea? Or am I just totally over my head?

As the good Koreans will say... "미쳤어???!!!!" ("ARE YOU CRAZY??!!!")

No comments: